Short -term acute care hospitals receive their PEPPER via QualityNet Portal at https://www.qualitynet.org/.
View information on how to download your PEPPER via QualityNet Portal.
To download or save to your computer any of the files on this page, right click on the file name (link) and select "Save Target As...". To receive updates on training and other resources, please join our email list.
Current PEPPER User's Guide:
- View a list of the 12 MAC jurisdictions and the number of hospitals in each jurisdiction in total and by state for PEPPER version Q1FY15 (XLS).
PEPPER Training, May 2014:
PEPPER Training Update, May 2015
- PEPPER Update (Duration 1:01:01): This session reviews changes in the Q4FY14 release of PEPPER for STs and CAHs, and previews the new Home Health Agency PEPPER under development. It includes a brief walk-through of a sample PEPPER.
- Download the PowerPoint slides (PDF) for this PEPPER update.
- Access the Q&As from the session.
- Demonstration PEPPER version Q1FY14 (XLS)
- Refer to this document for guidance on how to create a listing of patients included in the PEPPER target areas (PDF).
- MS-DRG 246 Cardiovascular Procedure with Drug-Eluting Stent with MCC Documentation from TrailBlazer Health Enterprises, LLC (DOC, January 2012)
- MS-DRG 247 Cardiovascular Procedure With Drug-Eluting Stents Without MCC Documentation from TrailBlazer Health Enterprises, LLC (Word, February 2012)
- Spinal Fusion Services: Documentation Requirements from Noridian (January 2015)
- MS-DRG 460 Spinal Fusion Documentation guidance from TrailBlazer Health Enterprises, LLC (Word, December 2011)
- View the list of ST PEPPER target areas (DOC, updated with PEPPER version Q4FY14 2/19/15).
- View this slide presentation (PPT, updated 7-11-2013) on percents and percentiles to help understand the differences between “percent” and “percentile” and how they are used in PEPPER.
- View a demonstration (DOC, updated 12-10-2014) Compare Targets report, with associated hospital target area data and graph.
These tools have not been maintained/updated. Users should check for more recent Coding Clinic guidelines as well as current CMS guidance regarding patient discharge status codes.