Downloading PEPPER – QualityNet
The following providers will receive PEPPER via a My QualityNet secure file exchange:
- Short -term acute care hospitals
- Critical access hospitals
- Inpatient rehabilitation facilities (IRFs) that are distinct part units of acute care hospitals
- All inpatient psychiatric facilities (IPFs) (new in spring 2014)
- Partial hospitalization programs (PHPs) administered through short-term acute care hospitals or IPF distinct part units of short-term acute care hospitals
- Skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) that are part of acute care hospitals (whose Medicare provider/billing number is a 6-digit/character number, with the third character of “U”)
PEPPER files are uploaded to the File Exchange inbox of hospital QualityNet Administrators and those who have basic user accounts with the PEPPER recipient and File Exchange and Search roles. If you are one of the settings noted above and you are either a QualityNet Administrator or have a basic user account with the PEPPER recipient and File Exchange and Search roles, please visit My QualityNet to obtain your facility's report and forward it internally as appropriate. Please note, the QualityNet account must be an active registered account at the time the files are distributed in order to receive the files.
For more information about PEPPER, please view the Distribution Schedule, the PEPPER training materials and User's Guides for each setting found on the Training and Resources page of each provider section. If you need further assistance, please submit your request through the Help Desk. A member of our team will contact you to provide assistance.
View step-by-step instructions for downloading files from the Secure File Exchange Inbox.
QualityNet Secure File Exchange provides the following notification:
- Email notification of Inbox file(s)
To receive automatic email notification from QualityNet that a message/file has been received in your Secure File Exchange inbox, QualityNet Administrators and those who have basic user accounts with the PEPPER recipient roles must set their notification preference under the My QualityNet, Exchange Files task. Click on Send/Receive, then click on File Exchange Notification Preferences, and set the Notification Frequency to something other than "Never." If you don’t set a notification preference, you will not receive any notification from QualityNet of received messages/files. Please take the time to set a preference. You may update your preferences at any time. Additionally, TMF, through an email processing vendor, sends an email to all QualityNet Administrators to notify them that a PEPPER has been uploaded to the File Exchange Inbox of their MyQualityNet account. On occasion a QualityNet Administrator may not receive this email notification due to an email spam filter used by the hospital.
Options and Email Notification Frequency
||Immediately after each individual message is received
||End of each day
||End of each Friday
||First day of each month
||No notifications sent
Additionally, TMF, through an email processing vendor, sends an email to all QualityNet administrators to notify them that a PEPPER has been uploaded to the File Exchange Inbox of their MyQualityNet account. On occasion an administrator may not receive this email notification due to an email spam filter used by the hospital.
Deleting a Message/File
Messages/files remain in your Inbox until you delete them. If you have reviewed a message/file and have downloaded the file, consider deleting the message to minimize the size of your Inbox.
- Access your Inbox.
- Click on the message(s)/file(s) you wish to delete. You may choose to use the All check box.
- Click Delete within a message or Click Delete in the upper pane.
- Click OK to confirm that you wish to continue with the deletion request.